Happy World Baking Day Everyone!
To celebrate our chefs have decided to pass on one of their secret recipes: The Perfect Cinnamon Biscuits
150g Plain Flour
150g Self Raising Flour
2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
125g Soft Butter (preferably salted)
100g Caster Sugar
Preheat the oven to 160 degrees
1. Mix the plain and self raising flour in a bowl with the cinnamon.
2. In a separate bowl cream the butter and sugar together.
3. Add the egg to the butter and sugar mixture and stir in.
4. Gradually add the flour mixture, stirring as you go, until you form a warm and soft dough.
5. Turn the dough out onto the worktop and roll out to around 4mm thickness.
6. Chill the dough down in the fridge for around 10-15 minutess.
7. Cut the biscuits out (whichever shape you like – we went for stars!).
8. Bake for 15mins in your preheated oven.
9. Dust with caster sugar or icing sugar and leave to cool for 10 minutes.