Rowton Hall Hotel Cookies
Makes 20 decent sized cookies
- 480g plain flour
- 270g dark brown sugar
- 210g caster sugar
- 340g butter
- 120g eggs beaten together
- 24g honey
- 6g salt
- 4g baking powder
Any filling of your choice eg: chocolate chips, raisins, granola, nuts, dried fruits… you can do anything just experiment, this is a very good base recipe to adapt to any filling you like!!
- Cream the butter and both sugars together until soft, fluffy and light.
- Add the egg, honey and mix well until fully incorporated.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt. Gently mix until a dough is formed, this is the time you would add your desired filling, just as the dough has nearly come together.
- Allow the dough to rest for 30 mins whilst you pre heat the oven to 160 Celsius. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper ready to bake your cookies.
- Once the dough has rested take about 100g of dough and roll into a ball shape, place the dough on the baking tray. Make sure you leave enough space between each ball as the cookies will expand when baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden on the sides and slightly squidgy in the centre. Allow to cool a little and eat whilst warm.